Short Term Travelling Fellowships
AO Surgical fellowships are aimed at either senior trainees or consultants wishing to broaden their experience in trauma surgery. AOUK&I is able to provide support to spend two week fellowships at a number of sites within the UK for both general trauma experience and to pair applicants with experts in a particular field.
Applicants need to be based in the UK & Ireland to apply for one of these fellowships. If you wish to make an application you should do so through AOUK & I rather than the AO Foundation.
You can contact AOUK & I using details from the 'Contact' page on this website or emailing email@example.com.
The Stephan Perren AO Trauma Research Traveling Fellowship
The Stephan Perren AO Trauma Research Traveling Fellowship is intended to give four enthusiastic Europe and Southern African researchers with specific interest in trauma care the opportunity to visit the AO Research Institute Davos (ARI) in Davos, Switzerland, for two weeks (29 May - 9 June 2023), plus an additional two weeks (3 - 15 October 2023) at one of the following participating research centers:
- Julius Wolff Institute for Biomechanics and Musculoskeletal Regeneration Berlin Institute of Health and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- University hospital of Zurich, Department of Trauma, Zurich, Switzerland
- University of Leeds, Academic Department of Trauma, Leeds, United Kingdom
Criteria for applications:
- Enthusiastic researchers (age: younger than 45 years) with specific interest in trauma care
- Surgeon, orthopedic surgeon, trauma surgeon, or surgeon in training
- AO Trauma member residing in one of the AO Trauma Europe and Southern Africa countries
- Attended an AO Trauma Basic and Advanced Principles course
- Initial experience with clinical and basic research activities; first authorship of a clinical or basic research article; or involvement in a project in the field of musculoskeletal trauma or diseases
- Personal letter of application with argumentation of initiative and description of preferred professional career
- Letters of recommendation from an AO country council member of your country and from the chief of department
Optional: Submit a project proposal; you can revise and rework on your proposal during your stay and get valuable feedback from the experts.
- Applications must be submitted through the application system by March 1, 2023 (open exclusively to AO Trauma members).
Download flyer here